The design engineering and construction of process plants involves a multidisciplinary team effort. Plant layout and design of piping systems constitutes a major part of the design and engineering effort. The goal is to design safe and dependable processing facilities in a cost effective manner. The fact is that there are very few formal training programs that focus on design and engineering of process plants and piping systems. Therefore, most of the required skills are acquired while on the job, reducing productivity and efficiency.
The objective of this course is to provide the delegates the basic knowledge and skills in this discipline to facilitate faster learning curves while on the job. This course will cover the fundamental principles and concepts used in process plant layout and piping design. Upon completion of this course the delegates will have a clear understanding of the design and engineering principles used in plant layout and piping design.
What You Will Gain?
• Introduction to Industry
• Role of a Piping Engineer in various fields of industry.
• Overview of International codes and standards.
• Fundamentals of Pipe, Pipe Fittings and Piping System Components.
• Overview of Pipe Hangers and Supports
• Pipe Hydraulics & Line Sizing
• Overview of Equipments Used in Process Plants
• Overview of Codes & Standards, Piping Materials & Specifications
• Development of Equipments & Piping layouts.
• Guidelines to preparation of as built drawings.
• Preparation of Isometric drawings and Bill of Materials.
• Piping System Studies: Drum Piping, Pump Piping, Compressor Piping, Heat Exchanger Piping etc.
• Plant Design Management System (PDMS): Overview of PDMS Software.
• Equipments Modeling on PDMS
• Piping Modeling on PDMS
• Structure Modeling on PDMS
• Draft Module of PDMS
• ISO Draft Module of PDMS
Piping Design Engineering.
Four year undergraduate degree into Chemical, Mechanical, Production (Industries), Engineering or equivalent,or experience Diploma Engineers of a satisfactory standard and deemed suitable preparation for entry to the program by the selection committe.
• Piping Design Engineering With AutoCad (Regular)
• Piping Design Engineering (Regular)
• Piping Design Engineering (Weekends)
• Piping Design Engineering (Only Sunday)
The Piping Design Engineering Program Based on Different-Different time modules. Students pay full fees at the time of the Admission.
Students are advised to check official fee rates at the Offices of SmartBrains.
National Students: Tution Fees: INR 40,000/-
International Students : Tution Fees: $ 2,000/-
• This training program is on AUTONOMOUS basis conducted by SmartBrains.
• SmartBrains has right to expel any student at any time for misbehavior, poor attendance without refunding
• Certification will be issued only after completion of course, submission of all assignments and
passing all the examinations.
• SmartBrains has its own rules and regulations about conducting examinations and assessment of
The field of Piping Design Engineering includes the widest range of opportunities in the field of Piping Design Engineering. They include:
• Oil & Gas
• Power plants
• Petrochemical complex
• Onshore & Offshore platforms
• Pipeline installations
• Pulp and paper plants
• Fertilizer plants
• Pipe systems for hospitals and high-rise
• Office buildings
• Pharmaceutical plants
• Food and beverage plants
• Synthetic fuel plants
• Water treatment facilities
• Environmental waste disposal
Job Profile includes:
• Piping Design Engineer
• Piping Designer
• Piping Draftsman
• Project Engineer
• Site Engineer
• Erection & Commissioning
• Fabrication Power Plant Engineers
• Field Engineers
• Mechanical Maintenance Engineers and Supervisors
• Offshore Piping Engineers
• Piping Plant Operations and Maintenance Personnel
• Project and Production Engineers
• Piping Consulting Engineers